Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Maybe I'm dreaming


In counseling today I mentioned an entry I had written a few weeks back about being a princess.
I've been thinking about that a lot lately.

Somewhere along the way I lost my crown and I didn't even know it. I'm not sure I can even remember having it.

My counselor told me that Brooke and I need to have our picture taken together dressed as princesses because I needed to actually SEE myself as a princess, to have a physical reference.

I probably will. I'm pretty good at following directions.

and at least I have an idea for a 365 pic now. I'm experiencing a creative lull at the moment.

Anyway... when I tell myself I'm a princess what am I really saying?

I'm saying I want to not just see myself but BE strong, independent, confident, and beautiful. I want to be a person who exudes grace, kindness, and compassion.

I'm saying that even if my tiara gets tilted every once and a while (ok, maybe a lot) and maybe I'm not always those things, I'm still a princess, God's princess, because Christ made me worthy and elevated me to a place of royalty through his death and resurrection.

So with that in mind... as my character is fueled by my gratitude, I want my princess-like qualities to attract a prince. There aren't too many princesses that don't end up with a prince you know. Oh how I want a prince, one of God's princes. I truly do.

I want to be someone who's qualities attract a man that loves me like... like Christ loves his church! A man that makes me feel cherished, admired, liked, enjoyed, and loved. Truly loved. I want to be pursued. I want to be caught and that person not willing to let me go because I'm THAT great to him. I want to be in a relationship where he cares enough about what's good for us, good for him, and good for me to face and follow through on what needs to be changed, no matter how scary, in order to make things right.

Does that even exist?

No comments:

Post a Comment