Pictured: My brother matt
Wow, just wow
On the 12th I blogged about volunteering and friends.
Within a week I've seen answers to TWO of my prayers.
Last Friday I had a girls night out with an old friend who had emailed me on the 13th wanting to know if I wanted to get together for a girls night. See here. I haven't had girl time in what feels like FOR EV ER. It was a great evening and I look forward to more.
Then, as if that weren't enough, today at work I got an email from the volunteer coordinator for the youth group at my church.
"Hey Christie,
I have some new opportunities I would like to discuss with you. When you have a chance, can you call me? Thanks Mitzi"
So I gave her a call. I'm so excited to report that I've been offered TWO new opportunities. The first involves youth offering. An opportunity I'm excited and grateful for but I'm honestly more excited about the second. I've been invited to participate in MPACT weekend in March. I thought direct interaction with the teens was reserved for small group leaders, which I'm not yet, so to be asked to participate... it was surprising!
To be honest, after last Sunday volunteering as a greeter for the youth, feeling like the youth couldn't care less if I was standing there telling them good morning... I didn't know what to do. I was rather deflated and discouraged. Last Saturday night I was sitting at Starbucks having my quiet time and I saw a couple there with Young Life shirts on. After Sunday I was even pondering the thought of volunteering with the Young Life organization thinking that maybe I that's where I was supposed to be! Oh me of little faith!
I feel so grateful that God doesn't require perfection to be a vessel. In fact, stick a candled in a cracked pot and I bet it shines more light than one that's uncracked. The bible is full of messed up, goofed up, broken people and despite that AND through that he was still was able to give us a Savior. Old and New Testament alike oooz with God's grace being lavished on unworthy people allowing them to do great things in his name and for his glory.
So very grateful.
I'm so excited to see where he's leading.
Sometimes I feel like Moses with all my little burning bushes and then kick myself when I start questioning and feeling sorry for myself like one of the Isrealites
I just hope I don't end up wandering for the next 40 years ;o)
No comments:
Post a Comment