Friday, January 23, 2009

Please come to boston...


Today is Friday. I'm supposed to go to Boston on Sunday (for work) but it seems semantics and government bull may get in the way.

I'm so frustrated and angry which is stupid because this is totally outside of anything within my control which in turn makes me frustrated and angry with myself.

You know, I have a good job, there are even times I like what I do but geez louise working within the government is getting SO OLD!

I have no proof that its any better in private industry but I'm thinking so.

and OMG communicating with someone whose english is their second language makes me want to pull my hair out.

I wonder if PTC is hiring ;o)

Lets talk about Boston for a little bit.

I heart Boston, the architecture, the history, the food, even the cold weather. I love new england in general but I think my personality might be a bit too southern to fit in up there long term.

I really hope things work out and I end up going. The meeting that I'm going up there for is really important to me and I was looking forward resolving certain issues and to getting answers to specific questions that I've been wondering about for a long time.

I was also looking forward to getting away. No work trip is all work ya know? There's at least 1 night I can expect to go into the city and just going on a trip in general is fun for me. I LOVE to travel. I traveled at least 6 times last year. (Twice to Georgia, twice to Boston, once to Long Beach, and once to Dallas). I could have gone more but ran out of year. You know, I've always wanted to travel regularly just never really had the opportunity until the last year or so.

sigh

Psalm 20 1-4
In times of trouble, may the Lord answer your cry. May the name of the God of Jacob keep you safe from all harm. May he send you help from his sanctuary and strengthen you from Jerusalem. May he remember all your gifts and look favorably on your burnt offerings. May he grant your heart’s desires and make all your plans succeed.

But if my plans aren't his plans then I pray I let them go, knowing that whatever he has planned is exceedingly and abundantly better no matter how big or small. And you know what, if someone is creating this obstacle then I know that God is big enough to move it if he wants to.

Jeremiah 29: 11-14
I know what I'm doing. I have it all planned out—plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for. "When you call on me, when you come and pray to me, I'll listen. "When you come looking for me, you'll find me. "Yes, when you get serious about finding me and want it more than anything else, I'll make sure you won't be disappointed." God's Decree. "I'll turn things around for you.

So God knows what I want, he knows what MY heart desires, and in this particular situation there is seriously nothing I can do to make it happen. It's completely out of my hands so...

I'm letting it go. It's out of my control. It's up to him.

Ecclesiastes 3: 14-15
I've also concluded that whatever God does, that's the way it's going to be, always. No addition, no subtraction. God's done it and that's it. That's so we'll quit asking questions and simply worship in holy fear. Whatever was, is. Whatever will be, is. That's how it always is with God.

How wonderful to serve such an involved and caring God who will take care of the littlest things, even if his way of taking care of it is to say no.

or maybe the answer will be yes?

Who knows right now, and I'm ok with that. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment